Home Culture Churches and Castles

Oratorio di San Rocco (Seggiano)

(A fresco inside the oratory)


The San Rocco Oratory was built in 1486 as an offering to the Virgin Mary to end the plague, and is frescoed with works by Girolamo di Domenico (end of the XV° century): in the vault, God consecrating with four Evangelists; on the walls, a Deposition, a Madonna del Latte with Saints and a group of Saints amongst whom a beautiful image of San Bernardino.